Full-Time Food Security and Livelihood Project Officer – World Vision International (SUDAN)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Position Title:||Food Security and Livelihood Project Officer||Application Deadline Date:||24 Aug 2012|
|Position Location:||Malakal||Position Start Date:||01 Sep 2012|
|Region:||Africa\East Africa||Position End Date:||31 Aug 2013|
|Requisition Category:||International||Recruitment Priority:||Need Immediately|
|Country Name:||Sudan||Program/Office Name:||WV South Sudan|
|Job Grade Level:||11 IIPP||Recruitment Status:||Advertising in Progress|
|Is this a family post?||Non-family – Staff only|
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will provide leadership in the development, planning, management and monitoring of the Food Security and Livelihoods program for World Vision South Sudan. The holder shall design, document, coordinate and sustain the management of livelihoods program activities for WV South Sudan. The position entails providing timely assistance in relief and development situation & and timely response to field requirement
- Undertake the formulation, development and planning of programme goals and objectives of Food Security and Livelihoods sector
- Undertake the conceptualization, innovation planning and management of programs /projects as well as the transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Prepare programme documentation for Annual Operation Plan, ensuring consistency with objectives and goals
- Develop quarterly work (action) plans for the Food Security and Livelihood’s sector, ensuring objectives and targets are achieved.
- Guide and supervise staff identifying training needs and providing on the job training
- Provide leadership for World Vision’s activities relating to partner organizations and UN agencies.
- Provide information and support to the field staff
- Provide recommendations for the setting of policy within the Food Security and Livelihood’s Sector.
- Support counterpart authorities and partner NGO in activities related to Food Security and Livelihood’s in World vision area of operation
- Conduct periodic programme reviews with counter parts and other partners. Identify problems or alternative causes of action to accelerate/ improve programme delivery.
- Coordinate with operations logistics staff on supplies to the field for Food Security and Livelihood’s related activities. Certify all requisition for the sector and approve financial disbursement within approved authorization level.
- Provide information and leadership in the on-going financial assessment of the sector. Verify spending and ensure proper expenditure within agreed upon objectives and other programme budget allotment.
- Coordinate sectoral programme activities with other sector to contribute to the achievement of overall agency objective.
- Work closely with the communication /information officer on material and strategies to support the programme
- Write programme reports as required by senior management, donors and partners etc. Contribute to the annual report and Operations Budget on the Food Security and Livelihood’s Sector.
- Facilitate the monitoring and /or creation of all submissions to the major donors. Ensure adequate knowledge of all proposals and their current status.
- Tracking of all proposals and reporting to the concerned parties. Communication with partnership offices on proposal and follow-up.
- Assist WV with log term strategies and goals. Assisting with expansion of relief activities to transitional development, ensuring sustainability of programmes
- Coordinate the development of the Food Security and Livelihood’s sector in conjunction with local authorities and WV field staff.
- Make recommendations on programme/project activity feasibility and management; linkages with other sectors, reprogramming and adjustments, external technical assistance and resource requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities and progress of Food Security and Livelihood’s sector and field staff implementing the programmes/project.
- Undertake active participation and senior leadership in management structure.
- Handle reporting requirement in a timely manner. Reports must be produced in strict accordance with specific donor guidelines
- Assist the programme department in maintaining good and active communications relating to the Food Security and Livelihoods sector
- Presentation on on-going funding proposal and grants on a regular basis
- Liaise with other NGOs and UN agencies on emergency and development activities and areas for WV collaboration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A degree/Advanced degree in Agriculture or Social sciences field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the related field of which 2 years must have been with a non-profit organisation
- Strong ability in written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical/problem -solving skills
- Ability to Build capacity during the tenure of contract
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in diverse cultural contexts, harsh environments with limited resources
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission statement ethos
- Must have a clear understanding of the working relationship with major donors, namely: USAID, CIDA, DFID, AUSAID, etc
- Fluency in Arabic will be an advantage
How to Apply
356 total views, 2 today