Full-Time Health Systems Strengthening Advisor – Intra Health (UGANDA)
|Title||Health Systems Strengthening Advisor|
|Position Type||Direct Employment|
|Description||IntraHealth International, Inc. is currently accepting expressions of interest from potential candidates interested in serving as the Health Systems Strengthening(HSS) Advisor as part of IntraHealth’s submission for an upcoming USAID-funded health systems strengthening project in Uganda. The goal of the Northern Uganda – Health Integration To Enhance Services (NU-HITES) project is to establish improved and sustained health and nutrition status of the northern Uganda population through a district-based integrated package of quality health services. NU-HITES will support and strengthen public and private sector health systems while at the same time improving integration of HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, MNCH, FP and nutrition services at facility and community levels.
• Advanced degree in public health, a clinical discipline, or a social sciences field related to human resources for health (e.g., management, public policy)
• Strong knowledge of, and experience in applying state-of-the-art interventions designed to address HSS challenges in developing countries.
• Familiarity and experience working with the Uganda health care system, the Ministry of Health, and other development organizations in Uganda is a plus.
• Minimum of five years’ experience implementing or managing HSS projects in/for developing countries, including involvement in several of the following areas: National HRH assessment; workforce policy and planning; human resource development and management; development and deployment of human resource information systems; leadership development; workforce projections and costing; performance improvement; delivering or evaluating education for health professionals; pharmaceutical logistics; and managing health-workforce programs at the national or international level.
• Experience with HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, MNCH, FP and nutrition initiatives highly desirable
• Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, and management skills and ability to manage and provide technical guidance to complex multi-site activities.
• Experience working with a variety of sectors (e.g., public, NGO, private for-profit) preferred.
• Experience advocating for and overseeing HSS intervention replication and scale-up.
• Ability to achieve results in a timely manner and within a specified budget. • Experience working on USAID-funded projects highly desirable
• Clear commitment and record of achievement to building the capacity of local partners.
• Fluency in English, including excellent English written and oral presentation skills; proficiency in Luo highly desirable.
This is a position with IntraHealth International in Uganda. The position is pending upon award by USAID. For immediate consideration, please apply by visiting IntraHealth’s career page at http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers and follow the instructions to submit an online application, including submitting your most recent CV/resume (3 page maximum and in Rich Text Format (RTF)) and Biodata form (found at http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers). IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
How to Apply
418 total views, 1 today