Full-Time Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist, ZAMNACS Project – PATH (ZAMBIA)
This position is contingent on successful award of project funding. Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
PATH is an international, nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
The Zambia Nutrition Assessment, Counseling, and Support (ZAMNACS) project will support the delivery of nutrition assessment, counseling, and support (NACS) to HIV-positive individuals and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in selected sites of Zambia. ZAMNACS’ primary purpose is to promote good nutrition and prevent malnutrition in adults and children enrolled in existing HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment programs as well as at-risk OVC. ZAMNACS’ secondary purpose is to improve antiretroviral therapy and palliative care outcomes through the provision of NACS to target populations at clinic and community levels. ZAMNACS’ goal is to develop a “proof of concept” for a proven NACS methodology that is cost effective and can be scaled-up nationally within the existing health system.
PATH is seeking a project Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist. The Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist will serve as a key team member for ZAMNACS and will work under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer. The Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist will manage relationships with major suppliers for timely procurement of quality assured commodities according to US Government and PATH procurement policies and standard PATH and donor operating procedures. With the support of the project Finance and Administration Officer, Project Administrator and procurement team in Seattle, s/he will prepare and execute contract mechanisms, including purchase orders. S/he will also support the logistics related to project activities such as trainings and workshops, general PATH office operations, and logistical support to province-based staff.
The Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist will work closely with the Food Processing and Commodity Management Advisor and GRZ partners including Medical Stores Limited to determine cost effective ways to distribute fortified food supplements (HEPS) to ZAMNACS sites, and to integrate therapeutic food into MSL’s distribution systems.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintain an inventory of all procured equipment and share information with Senior Project Administrator.
- Arrange for and manage maintenance of all PATH equipment.
- Manage relationships with major suppliers to procure quality-assured commodities in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders.
- Serve as liaison with administrative staff, Project Assistant and other project staff on procurement issues.
- Ensure that all PATH and donor procurement regulations are followed.
- Contribute to the preparation of requests for procurement approvals and/or waivers through Project Administrators in Washington, DC.
- Inventory and maintain supplies for the efficient functioning of the PATH office in Lusaka.
- Provide logistical support for travel, equipment and supplies, and other related items as requested by project staff.
A two year degree plus 2-5 years experience in procurement and/or logistics. Familiarity with USAID procurement and reporting regulations highly desirable. Familiarity with Zambian import regulations and food safety and quality standards Demonstrated ability to work independently. An ability to travel in country of Zambia up to 30%.
How to Apply
595 total views, 1 today