Full-Time Logistics Manager – Save the Children (Democratic Republic of Congo)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
To coordinate effective logistics support to Save the Children’s programmes specifically for the implementation of the Child Protection, Education and Health and Nutrition projects in Grand North Kivu.
To lead, manage and motivate the logistics teams in Butembo, ensuring they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance
To build the capacity and train the logistics staff in all necessary systems including procurement, communications, transport, and security.
To ensure that all procurement is done in an appropriate and transparent manner as per Save the Children UK procedures and internal audit requirements.
To ensure efficient communication, transport and other systems to maintain a high level of security for all staff and visitors.
Through regular coordination meetings, planning, systems development and training, and day-to-day follow-up, the logistics manager will ensure logistics staff effectively plan and carry out assignments.
Ensure that procurement on an international level is carried out efficiently and effectively and all procurement procedures are implemented.
Carry out programme purchases in a timely and transparent manner, ensuring that Save the Children procurement policies and procedures are followed and an optimal relation quality/price.
Coordinate the deployment of programme light vehicles and trucks and ensure compliance with maintenance schedules and the Save the Children transport manual.
Ensure communications assets are effectively used, appropriate procedures and protocols are developed and adhered to, and that they contribute optimally to staff safety and programme effectiveness.
Ensure efficient management of transport by air and road of all personnel and visitors.
Coordinate planning, securing of necessary authorisations, transport procurement, and reception for all movements of goods.
Manage supplies and ensure basic distribution, tracking and stock controls are in place and effectively used, reaching end users in an efficient, accountable and cost-effective manner
Collaborate with relevant sector coordinators and support field engineers to follow up rehabilitation projects.
• Work with the line manager to ensure that security guidelines are kept current and
followed by all staff and that new staff and visitors are briefed.
• Remain aware of the evolving security situation, adapting logistics activities
accordingly and ensuring new emergency operations are effectively supported.
• Competent and organised logistician with previous NGO international experience
• Experience of working in emergencies.
• Experience of procurement, warehousing, stock control and transport and
distribution of goods.
• Vehicle fleet management experience.
• Experience of using Codan radio systems, satellite phones and communications
procedures in an emergency setting
• High awareness of security considerations, with the ability to develop plans for
personal security/evacuation procedures
• Strong administrative and organisational skills.
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and
build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language
• Resourcefulness and the ability to prioritise and cope with large amounts of work
• The ability to work closely within a team and to improvise and work in an
atmosphere that can be stressful.
• Patient, adaptable and flexible
• Ability to travel frequently
• Fluent in French language.
• Working experience in DRC.
• Engineering/construction experience.
249 total views, 1 today