Full-Time Program Officer – World Vision International (SUDAN)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Position Title:||Program Officer -Nyala – Northern Sudan||Application Deadline Date:||31 Mar 2012|
|Position Location:||Nyala||Position Start Date:||01 May 2012|
|Region:||Africa\East Africa||Position End Date:||30 Apr 2013|
|Requisition Category:||International||Recruitment Priority:||Need Immediately|
|Country Name:||Sudan||Program/Office Name:||Northern Sudan Program|
|Job Grade Level:||11 IIPP||Recruitment Status:||Advertising in Progress|
|Is this a family post?||Non-family – Staff only|
To assist the Operations Manager in developing and coordinating proposals for multi-sectoral relief and recovery programs and projects that are consistent with the WVNS Strategy; to liaise with potential and actual donors to establish relationships that are conducive to funding assistance and program collaboration; to provide overall coordination in technical assistance, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of the South Darfur projects; and to collaborate with other departments to develop integrated programming.
- Program Development and Fundraising
- Work with field-based staff to develop concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for major government, private and multi-lateral donors, with an emphasis on program development for WVNS operations in South Darfur State.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for Darfur-based programs in collaboration with the Operations Manager and field-based staff.
- Work with field-based staff to prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, primarily for ongoing projects in South Darfur State.
- Participate in the design and implementation of baseline surveys, needs assessments, and impact evaluations as necessary
- Assist in preparation of the organization’s annual operating plan and strategy
- Assist in development and implementation of systems that will support the organization’s efforts to monitor and evaluate its programs, to track information on project implementation, to store vital program documentation, and to gather and store information vital to communicating project impact.
- Assist in monitoring program progress to ensure donor compliance and program quality.
Representation and Communication
- Provide program updates as needed to key WV support offices and the regional office, donors and partners
- Assist the Operations Manager with developing key relationships and partnerships with other INGOs, local NGOs and donors.
- Assist in development, signing and monitoring implementation and reporting of technical agreements with line ministries and other Government agencies.
- Monitor funding status for each area / sector, identify funding gaps and seek new funding to support the programs as needed.
- Assist the Operations Manager on monthly financial reviews and quarterly project implementation and financial reviews.
- Practice servant leadership and be a role model for the community, project teams and peers, promoting value transformation.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings, workshops, conferences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a related field from accredited university. Masters preferred.
- At least 3years of previous experience in project design, proposal writing and donor relations for an INGO in a relief and / or development context. At least one year of field-based work in a similar, conflict-prone environment is required.
- Experience developing programs and proposals in the following fields preferred: water and sanitation, agriculture / natural resource management, education, child protection, health and nutrition. Experience mainstreaming gender, institutional development (NGO and government), and / or conflict prevention / resolution is also highly preferred.
- Have the experience of dealing negotiations with the Government, Bi / Multi-lateral Agencies, private donors.
- Experience in working with a cross-cultural environment
- Development: Strong knowledge and understanding of humanitarian industry (relief, development, and advocacy), including how INGOs operate in the global and local contexts.
- Understanding WV current ministry and operations is critical.
- Broad understanding and in-depth knowledge of government and bi/multilateral agency funding requirements and systems.
- Skills in project design, budget preparation, evaluation and report writing.
- Ability to independently in developing log frames, and monitoring and evaluation plans, and indicator tracking tables for projects and programs
- Understanding of World Vision’s Child wellbeing objectives, LEAP processes, and experience using LEAP templates
- Excellent English Language communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and attention to detail in the development of written documents.
- Very dynamic individual with clear understanding of donor relations and has had experience in dealing with donors such as OFDA, CIDA, ANCP, DFID, ECHO, UNDP, EC ,Private Donors
- Documented and traceable experience in program development, writing reports as well as evidence of donor engagement
- Understand and be familiar with LEAP budget format
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement. Agreement with World Vision’s Christian ethos.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Written Communication: Expresses ideas thoughts and concepts clearly and effectively in writing using correct and appropriate grammar organization and structure.
- Computer Skills: Demonstrates effective computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, intranet and Internet, and various software applications and databases used in work efforts.
- Willingness to learn Arabic
How to Apply
537 total views, 1 today